Saturday, April 5, 2014

Cosplay!

So I have FINALLY decided what I am going to do with this blog, and it is not at all what I expected.  As some of you might know a weekend or two ago I cosplayed for the very first time at Emerald City Comicon.  This meant that I created costumes for the very first time.... AND IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!

This whole journey started out with me promising to make Kristina an Elsa costume as a birthday present so that we could cosplay at ECCC (I'd make an Anna one for myself, too, because that should be easy, right?).  Of course, when I said this I was thinking, "How hard can this be?" I realized quickly, however, that learning to sew, pattern, and manipulate fabric was much harder than I thought, especially since I had never sewn before (at least not on a sewing machine).  I turned to the internet for help and realized that the instructions for what to do were basically in another language!  I don't speak "sewing"!

Somehow, after much trial and error, I muddled through and pieced together bits of information found from all over.  It took a while, but I think the ending product was SOOOO worth it! Along the way I used some unconventional methods that ended up working really well.  That's when I realized what I should use my blog for!  COSPLAY ADVICE AND 'HOW TO'!  Cosplay instructions and ideas for those that don't speak costumer!

So stay tuned to read about my adventures down this rabbit hole!

First set of costumes : ANNA AND ELSA FROM FROZEN! (CORONATION STYLE)


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good idea to me :) Although I won't be able to wear the same costumes as you (being a boy) I'm definitely interested in reading this kind of stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah.... Who knows what I'll end up doing costumes for though! I was Max from Where the Wild Things are one year!

      Delete
  2. I can't believe those are the first costumes you've made! They turned out so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some mad skillz! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete